It's the 1st of February and I'm sitting on my swirly office chair, sipping t and sober.
This was not the plan.
Life is strange, as though everything is at a stand still,
like I've entered a phase that I hadn't planned on entering.
It's disconcerting... I like plans.
I had a plan, work and then travel.
Now it's work...wait..wait.wait....travel?
It's going to happen, but I can't imagine it anymore.
My bag and Malaria tablets sit there looking lost in my room,
the bikinis and vest tops look alien against my many scarfs and leggins.
Lauren hasn't improved but she hasn't deteriorated.
She's up and she's down.
For a week, I wasn't sure she even knew I was there at her bedside,
and it hurt.
But friday changed everything, she moved home, she lay in her bed with a magazine.
She was awake, joking, engaging in casual conversation,
though of course she was exhausted.
It was amazing to see her like that, I immediately cheered up.
I haven't cried since.
It's just... It seems as though I'm the only one.
Every adult, her mum included, speak as if it were a week ago.
But I write this and think 'oh shit, Loz is probably going to read this'
.....is that too hopeful a thought?
Is it wrong to hope?
I'm going to see her at 11am tomorrow for 10 minutes,
I'm worried.
The last time I saw her it seemed as though she was on the road to recovery
but the last few days have been rough
and there's been no visitors
and I don't want hope to disappear.
We've rebooked to fly out on the 14th, Val's Day
and I have no idea what will happen between now and then.

I enjoyed to find my bookmark face in her diary, ehe
This must be so hard for you! Seeing a friend so poorly is really upsetting. I'm so so glad she's home though.
ReplyDelete(((hugs))) for you. Lauren is lucky to have such an amazing friend.
And Loz if you do read this, huge amount of love for you!
xxxx
Sending you both love xx
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing I can say to make this better, except to say that I really hope she pulls through. I'm thinking of you all. xx
ReplyDelete